Tuesday, December 13, 2011

松本が完全に凍っていますよ! (Matsumoto is completely freezing!)

Japanese Nativity Scene, 19th century
Hey family! 

            Wow, well I thought things were cold before...this week has been FREEZING! (subject line is: Matsumoto is completely freezing!) It was -2 this morning and gets down really far at night. we had a good bit of snow and stuff and things are freezing solid. 
            This week went pretty well! I guess you already heard from Sister Baird, but we had the conference on Tuesday and all that good stuff...it was SUCH a good conference! President and Sister Baird and President and Sister Stevenson all gave talks, and I was able to learn so much! I conducted for the first session, and then I translated for Sister Baird during the afternoon session because the speakers would switch off and on from English to Japanese and back. I feel like we have been so blessed to have so many wonderful people come to visit our mission...Elder Chei, Elder Holland, Elder Rasband, Elder Stevenson...there is such a special spirit in the meetings when they are there!
            I guess another cool part of the conference was that I was able to see Elder Ogaki and hear how he`s been doing...it`s so strange to look back on things and see the difference that just eight months makes. We always had a good friendship, but it`s so neat to be able to communicate on even better level because of the things I`ve been able to learn in those eight months. 
            As for investigators, Otsuki we feel is doing good! He still has a sincere desire to work for receiving baptism, and we are doing everything to support and help him to accomplish that. We are still at a pretty low stage with investigators...we are really trying to build back our teaching pool and start getting things moving faster here...and that is something that I know will come as long as we keep working hard and follow the spirit. I feel the Lord`s love for the people here in Matsumoto and I know that there those who have been prepared for us, so we are just going to keep on searching for them! 
            I apologize for the short length of this e-mail...I spent more time than usual writing more individual e-mails and my letter to President Baird.  Hope you are all having a great week though, I love you so much! Two more weeks and we`ll get to talk to each other on the phone! :)

                                                                                                                                    -Elder Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment