Sunday, November 20, 2011

Surprises, Surprises! Email, November 7

My dear family! 

             Hey!   Wow, well there have been a whole ton of surprises that have come with transfers! I...am actually staying for my sixth transfer in Matsumoto! Something that I was totally not expecting...but I` m excited for it! :) Other things that I was not expecting...I`m continuing as the district leader here...but I also became one of the Nagano zone leaders!  Elder Wilson (same one as back in the times of Toyota) is my new companion, and so we will be serving as zone leaders together here in Matsumoto! I`m wayy stoked about that! He is an absolutely awesome elder, and I`m so excited to see what we can accomplish with this next transfer together! Elder Numakura is transferring down to become a senior in a little place called Ogaki in the Nagoya area...kind of sad that we don`t get to be together for more than one transfer! He has actually been one of my favorite companions so far...I honestly have probably mentioned this before, but I swear that he reminds me so much of Michael Ridgell! Really similar personalities, so it`s been a ton of fun.  :) 
                
            Wow, well we are really running short on time today...things got kind of taken up with transfer stuff, but this week has been good though! I was pretty surprised that I will be here in Matsumoto for another transfer, but I have felt more and more strongly over the course of my mission that I will be sent exactly where I am needed the most...exactly where I can best help people come unto Christ.  We really have been doing all that we can to help our investigators this past week...it kind of turned out to be one of those tough weeks though where appointments fall through and people can`t meet. We were able to meet with Otsuki though and Abe...and we feel that they are progressing well! We had some great things with less-actives this week too! Nancy and Karen the American mother and daughter that haven`t been to church in about a year finally came to sacrament meeting yesterday! Everyone was so happy to see them, and I think they really felt the love and caring from all of the members. Really hopeful that this is the start of long lasting pattern! We were really just able to have a ton of lessons with less-active members this week...kind of following the pattern that we have had for the past transfer. I really feel that through strengthening all of the less-actives that we have been working with and having them come back to church and show everyone that they are not gone for good...that is what will light the dendo fire for all of the FF and other member missionary work here. Really excited to see the things that will be happening in Matsumoto over this next transfer! 
            I`ve gotta run, I`m sorry this was so short...I loved all your e-mails! It was great hearing how things are going! I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week, the gospel is true! 

                                                                                                                                        -Elder Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment